Ohio State University Extension Family and Consumer Sciences recognizes the need to make housing accessible and useable for people of all ages and abilities. Universal Design, a collaborative project involving multiple partners including Family and Consumer Sciences, employs architecture and design to create user-friendly homes in an attractive, seamless way to meet the needs of a variety of ages and abilities.
Universal Design is all about helping people recognize the variety of possibilities available to them so that they can select solutions that work for their family, friends and neighbors. Tours at the Universal Design permanent exhibit in London, Ohio can be arranged in spring and fall.
Aside from Family and Consumer Sciences, the following partners have teamed to offer Universal Design:
- The Ohio State University
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- Columbus State Community College
- Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging
- Community members including builders, home improvement stores, appliance dealers and others
For more information on Universal Design, contact Kathy Tutt at firstname.lastname@example.org