Excellence As We Grow Together
Virtual Food Service Conference
Join us on August 4 for a complimentary virtual Food Service Conference that will assist attendees with designing a K-12 food service action plan for the 2022-23 school year. This conference is designed for school cafeteria staff, registered dietitians, dietetic technicians, parents, registered school wellness teams, and PTA/PTO.
[download PDF flier]
Additionally, attendees will:
- Gain understanding of an approved school lunch program that meets federal and state guidelines
- Develop school meal trends throughout the K-12 meal program to increase meal consumption.
- Identify strategies for effective self-care to promote work/life balance and mental wellness.
- Demonstrate understanding of school cafeteria design and trending food service equipment.
- Identify impact of food service sector in creating wasted food and interventions to reduce waste.
- Identify how food service teams and schools play a pivotal role in reducing food waste in communities.
August 4, 2022 Conference Agenda
Self-Care: Putting You and Your Team First
Marie Economos & Beth Stefura, Educators, OSU Extension, Family and Consumer Sciences
ODE Updates on Child Nutrition Programs
Brian Davis, Assistant Director, Food & Nutrition Service, Ohio Department of Education
A School Lunch Trifecta
Dayle Hayes, MS, RD
New Equipment & Design for School Cafeteria’s
Tyler Schmeck, Zinc Marketing
Opportunities for impact-Food Service & Waste Reduction
Brian Roe, PhD, Van Curen Professor in Department of Agriculture, Ohio State University
Food Loss and Waste
Alex Nichols-Vinueza, Program Manager
Panel-Food Sustainability in School Food Service
Brian Roe, PhD, Carol Smathers, Dan Remley, PhD, Alex Nichols-Vinueza
Registration is FREE and the deadline is August 3.
Please register at: go.osu.edu/2022foodserviceconference
Once registered, you will receive your Zoom link. Please save that email.
Pending for 5.5 SNS CEU’s
Pending for 5.5 RD/DTR
Offering USDA Professional Standard Credits
Ohio State University Extension
520 W. Main St., Suite 1
Cortland, OH 44410
Marie Economos: email@example.com
490 S. Broad St.
Canfield, OH 44406
Beth Stefura: firstname.lastname@example.org