The Ohio State University School of Pharmacy’s Generation Rx Team, is recruiting Ambassadors to implement educational programming for Older Adults (age 55+) throughout Ohio from June to September 2022. The application deadline is May 13, with programming beginning in June, 2022.
What is Generation Rx?
Generation Rx is an evidence-informed educational program that aims to educate people of all ages about safe medication-taking practices and the potential dangers of misusing prescription medications.
- The project was founded in 2007 by The Ohio State University faculty and began partnering with the Cardinal Health Foundation in 2009.
- Over 100K adults and peer educators, including many Extension educators, have used Generation Rx to educate their communities about safe medication taking practices.
- Together, the Generation Rx network members have educated nearly 3 million people nationwide.
Using audience-specific toolkits (available online at no cost to you), Generation Rx shares the following key messages:
- Only use prescription medication as directed by a health professional.
- Never share your prescription medications with others or use someone else’s prescription medications.
- Always store your medications securely to prevent others from taking them, and properly dispose of medications that you no longer need.
- Be a good example to those around you by modeling these safe medication-taking practices and discussing the dangers of misusing prescription drugs with your family, friends, colleagues, students or patients.
As part of this grant-funded project, Generation Rx Ambassador will be expected to:
- Complete the online Generation Rx Ambassador Training (self-paced)
- Facilitate programs using the Older Adult Toolkit resources
- Reach 50-75 individuals between 6/1/22 and 9/30/22
- Attend a 2-hour virtual kick-off meeting as well as semi-monthly technical support meetings to update the Generation Rx Team Coordinator
- Collect pre/post surveys from training attendees and submit a final report on 9/23/2022
Ambassadors will receive up to $5,000 to assist with program implementation. The Older Adult toolkit can be adapted for delivery in a 35-, 40-, or 60-minute format; Generation Rx recognizes that COVID safety restrictions may prevent traditional live delivery and will provide guidance and support for adapting program delivery.
Are you interested in applying?