Memo: Use of the Celebrate Your Plate Social Media
Issued: March 1, 2018
Issued by: The Celebrate Your Plate Social Media Subcommittee
Attention: All Family and Consumer Sciences personnel
The Celebrate Your Plate Social Media is live and reachable by all Ohio State University Extension Family and Consumer Science personnel and the public at facebook.com/CelebrateYourPlate
We encourage the use of our social media by our Ohio State University Extension Family and Consumer Science personnel by submitting interaction in SNAP-Ed programs or other events where our population is targeted, but in order to maintain professionalism it is important that the CYP social media guidelines are followed. Specific rules regarding the use of our social media are available on page 4 of the Celebrate Your Plate social media guidelines document.
In order for your content to be used on our Celebrate Your Plate Facebook page, you must submit items following these guidelines:
1. Follow Celebrate Your Plate on Facebook (facebook.com/CelebrateYourPlate) – if you do not follow Celebrate Your Plate, Blaire Beavers will not be able to tag you in your post
2. Message Celebrate Your Plate by clicking the “Send Message” button on the top right side of the page
3. Include the following items in your message:
- Photographs (if you have them)
- The text that needs to be included in the post
- The Facebook page for any organizations and/or people you would like to have tagged in the text.
- If you would like us to tag your personal page, county page, or both in the post
4. The CYP Administrator (Blaire Beavers) will review the post and ask any follow up questions before the post is published on the page. Blaire might also edit the content for clarity and brevity and add hashtags.
- please allow 3 business days for a post to come live
If you have any questions you can contact Blaire Beavers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-688-1138.