Dining with Diabetes: Beyond the Kitchen is a FREE online course created by OSU Extension Family and Consumer Sciences. This online course goes “beyond the kitchen” to discuss making healthy choices when eating at restaurants, grocery shopping or planning weekly meals.
The course includes:
- Interactive presentations
- Fact sheets and resources
- Short surveys to test knowledge
- An open forum to share ideas, questions and tips with other course participants
- The ability to speak with Ohio State Extension professionals
- Access to websites and apps that help manage diabetes
Dining with Diabetes: Beyond the Kitchen is self-paced and participants can enter and leave whenever they want. Everyone who completes the course is automatically entered in a quarterly drawing for a $100 Amazon.com gift card.
Please follow the link below to take the course.
New students will need to make a profile in the campus.extension.org system. It is free and requires an email to activate an account.
- You will find the account creation form on the right side of the page. Sign up with a new account or use your existing Gmail or Microsoft account.
- You will then receive a validation email. Click the link and you will go to the front page of the course catalog.
- You will need to search for the course “Dining with Diabetes” and hit go.
- Click on the title of the course and then scroll down the page to the “Enroll me” button.
- Click this button and you are in the course.
Existing students can follow the link and will have direct access to the course.
For questions or more information, contact Dan Remley at email@example.com
Course instructors for Dining with Diabetes: Beyond the Kitchen are Cheryl Barber-Spires, Jami Dellifield, Marie Economos, Chris Kendle, Jenny Lobb, Chelsea Peckny, Dan Remley, Shannon Smith and Susan Zies.
Download a PDF flier