OSU Extension Housing Corps
OSU Extension Housing Corps
- Twelve Ohio State University Extension educators and program coordinators are taking part in a program to help ensure that financial assistance reaches rural homeowners in Ohio.
- The program is administered by the Ohio Housing Finance Agency (OHFA), a state agency that works to make affordable housing opportunities available to low- to moderate-income Ohioans.
- OSU Extension also partners with ServeOhio to connect Ohio homeowners with potential sources of financial assistance.
OSU Extension Housing Corps works hand-in-hand with AmeriCorps in an innovative opportunity for college graduates interested in gaining professional skills and additional training in areas such as personal finance, housing counseling, public affairs, social work, and accounting, while at the same time, giving back to the community and assisting those who are struggling financially.
One to two AmeriCorps members are located in each OSU Extension office across Ohio to assist homeowners with an online application process for the foreclosure prevention program, Restoring Stability. The goal of the AmeriCorps members and Restoring Stability is to improve the long-term security of economically vulnerable homeowners in rural Ohio.
AmeriCorps member(s) are located in each OSU Extension office across Ohio, including...
- Ashtabula County Office -http://ashtabula.osu.edu/
- Belmont Couty Office -http://belmont.osu.edu/
- Clermont County Office -http://clermont.osu.edu/
- Coshocton County Office -http://coshocton.osu.edu/
- Erie County Office -http://erie.osu.edu/
- Hardin County Office -http://hardin.osu.edu/
- Henry County Office -http://henry.osu.edu/
- Vinton County Office -http://vinton.osu.edu/
- Warren County Office -http://warren.osu.edu/
- Washington County Office -http://washington.osu.edu/
Restoring Stability, A Save the Dream Ohio Initiative is the State of Ohio’s leading foreclosure prevention effort administered by OHFA.
The initiative utilizes federal support from the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Housing Finance Agency Innovation Fund to assist homeowners at risk of foreclosure.
Restoring Stability offers five programs to assist homeowners struggling to make monthly payments due to a hardship. The following programs are offered...
- Rescue Payment Assistance brings the homeowner current on his or her delinquent mortgage;
- Mortgage Payment Assistance provides up to 15 months of mortgage payments;
- Mortgage Modification with Contribution Assistance reduces delinquent and/or principal balances to help homeowners qualify for an affordable loan modification;
- Transitional Assistance provides an alternative to foreclosure by offering relocation assistance in connection with an approved short sale or deed-in-lieu of foreclosure; and
- Lien Elimination Assistance provides a payment to extinguish the homeowner’s mortgage loan.
Want to Learn More?
Ohio Housing Financial Agency: http://ohiohome.org/
Save The Dream Ohio: http://savethedream.ohio.gov/
Restoring Stability: https://www.restoringstability.org/
Serve Ohio: http://www.serveohio.org/
Ohio State Extension: http://extension.osu.edu/